Exemplory case of comparison essay the theory is that of literature: the difference between classicism and sentimentalism
Literature is a unique kind of art that helps to comprehend the present-day history and also to know how the main tendencies of social development in past times were created.
Write on formation of designs at the start of essay
The aesthetics of classicism, which developed in Western European culture during the end of the seventeenth century, determined the ideological content of literary works, the strict system of poetic rules in addition to axioms of plot construction, reflecting the idea of orderliness and perfection regarding the universe, nature and society.
The « sensitive » literature of sentimentalism that emerged in the last half regarding the eighteenth century was meant to teach and educate on examples and pictures that can cause empathy, which awakens high feelings, guided by the proven fact that all evil could be overcome.
Within our literary works as check essay similarity much as the start of the XIX century, classicism and sentimentalism developed, complementing one another and pursuing exactly the same goal: to create society perfect, by affirming the rational principles of morality together with rules of human behavior. Approaches to achieve this goal when you look at the philosophy of classicism were defined as the assertion associated with supremacy of order, form, hierarchy and were according to a clear division of creative designs and genres. The theorists of classicism paid unique attention to drama and poetry. Epic poems and tragedies where the basis associated with plot has always been important historical activities, and actors – the gods and strongest of the world, demanded a lofty poetic composition, ruled spatial turns. They certainly were related to the « high » genre.
The spoken language and stylistically lowered pictures could simply be contained in satires, fables and comedies, which fixed the definition of « low » genres. Obligatory observance of this unity of the time, place, action and guidelines of constructing tragedy and drama with publicity, zygote, development of action, culmination and resolution limited the alternative of stage-based discovery of images, but emphasized the inviolability of order, the text of cause and effect, clarity expression of the main notion of the task. Sentimentalism allowed more freely to use the method of creative expression. Attention to household details, a description of emotional experiences, the image associated with inner world of guy along with his closeness to nature demanded and new literary forms. The epistolary genre, sentimental novel, travel notes can be found in the literary works. The introduction of sentimentalism greatly expanded the possibilities of artistic prose and managed to get more democratic: the eye of both writers and readers was the fate of a typical person, clear, near, causing interest and compassion.
To conclude of essay give brief comparison of styles
Hence, the essential difference between classicism and sentimentalism is really as follows:
- The topic of the image within the works of classicism are very important, meaningful events that determine the fate of an individual who is obliged to obey the established order while the determined span of events.
- In the heart of attention of writers – sentimentalists – the inner world of heroes, capable of deeply feel and experience.
- Classicism is really a literary trend where the foundation associated with the artistic method may be the division of works into « high », « medium » and « low » genres.
- Sentimentalism doesn’t have such a division, because its task would be to educate the senses, using an array of visual method for this purpose.
- The key genres of classicism are the epic poem, tragedy, ode, drama, heroic story, comedy, satire and fable.
- Genres attribute of sentimentalism really are a novel, letters, diaries, travel records.
- Classicalism argued educational tips in line with the subordination of personal feelings of debt to society.
- Representatives of sentimentalism considered the inner realm of heroes as a harmonious whole.
- They believed that educating an individual, you are able to increase the whole society.